Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Reflection



Each experience is an additional opportunity to know more about myself. When I came to Lugano / Switzerland following a master degree of two years, I never expected to spend my first year crying. What did hurt my heart mostly is the avoidance of eye contact, a habit of the environment here. It seems absurd as a reason at the first glance. On a deeper level, it triggered a domino effect that forced me to deal with my childhood wound of being raised in a convent with nuns who avoided eye contact. I lived in a parallel reality where I was a silent child of 4 years old, having to go under the brutal experience of being raised in a convent for 9 consecutive years. I had to deal with what I gathered in my mental closet. I had to express my emotions of a broken heart child while being an adult. Not an easy job to do but credit to that experience I, now, understand better myself: what are my pain triggers and why they are as such. As the time of my "Luganese" experience is about to end (this summer), I feel much more lighter, relaxed and with a certain sense of tranquility. I am open to play and have fun.

No comments: